About Me



Hi everyone! My name is Benjamin Kiggans! I am a returning Freshman at Hardin-Simmons University. I am majoring in Exercise Science and planning on going into PT school, and I am excited for the new year!
    I am from Mooresville, Indiana, which is about one thousand miles north of Texas. I have lived there all my life, and I decided I needed a change of scenery, somewhere new and warm where I could meet new people and start my new journey in life. How did I get to little Abilene, or why did I decide out of all the places to move here? Good Question. (And a question that has been asked substantially if I might add) My Dad did a LOT of research trying to find the perfect college, and HSU popped up on the map. I thought HSU was a beautiful campus with great accreditation and a promising new home. It also helped that my sister, Hannah Kiggans, now a sophomore, was also attending HSU, which meant I wouldn't have to make such a new transition on my own.
 I am from a family of four, including my parents and my sister. I have two cats named Shadow and Daisy, which I love very much. In my free time, I enjoy making music, binge-watching Netflix, and Spending time with my friends. Music is a very big part of my life. I love to create my own music, from the vocals and instruments, down to each individual word that comes from my heart and what I am feeling in the moment. 
If I had to compare myself to anything in this world, it would be the ocean, because I feel each ripple of me is unique and there is so much more to discover under the surface, the possibilities are endless. I hope everyone has a great semester, and I can't wait to meet you all! 




                       My Sister and I at the Ark 

Comments

  1. Hey!! Good try for the first time. Add pictures Ben. Guess what? I had Hannah in my class last year (she was great student, with a sparkling smile & a quite personality). Nice to see you here as well. I would like to see a few pictures/photos here to give more life to your blog. Add to this blog more on what you have in "about me" section prompt. Love to hear more about you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben, it doesn't seem like you wrote much about yourself here, but it was just as hard for me to do mine. I got to meet you in class today and your personality shines bright. You definitely have a warm and welcoming persona. You weren't afraid to speak to me and made me feel comfortable in our conversation. It would be awesome if you could put some more of that into your blogs because I know you'd do one heck of job. Nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ben!! I love your post!! I would agree with Dr. Pris and say add some pictures!! I didn't when I first posted my blog either but I'm now realizing that I don't know who you are and a picture would help me put a face to the name!! I really liked your analogy about the ocean!! That's some deep stuff and I'm excited to see what other input you'll be able to contribute to the class!! Nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ben, this is a great post! I enjoyed getting to know a little about you, since I have seen you around campus but didn't know who you were. I love your comparison of yourself and the ocean, I feel like that is a really good representation since we are all such unique people. I hope you have a good semester!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey man, this is a great blog! I think it's great getting to see how many similarities there are between each of us in these about me posts! It's also crazy you came all the way from Indiana, I don't know for sure but i could imagine that would have been a bit of culture shock for you at first.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just Because Birds Have Wings Doesn't Make Them Good Flyers.

You Probably Won't Remember This Blog

Dear Diary