Animal Psychology: Because Our Furry Friends Matter


     The field of psychology which interests me the most is Animal Psychology. In this field, psychologists spend time
in many different locations around the world, out on the land where the action happens as well as in small concentrated indoor lab facilities, observing the characteristics, actions, and just simple lives of animals. They study multiple different species, from lions, tigers, and bears, (oh my!) to the "under the sea" family and even the little furry cats and dogs we call our own.      
      In order to become an animal psychologist, a person must obtain a masters degree in an accredited psychology program with a focus on behavioral science. They will also need to become a certified applied animal behaviorist with at least five years of experience in the field. This job will allow you to be able to work anywhere with any species, giving you many opportunities to explore the animal kingdom. Some of the main career paths people take are veterinarian, ani
mal trainer, and animal scientist.


     I chose animal psychology as my field to be in, simply because I love everything animals. I have two cats personally, and they are two of the most important things in this world to me. Being here at college, I don't get to see them often, so when I get to go home, the first thing I do is give them some kitty loving. :) Most people love their pets like crazy though, so what makes me different is I don't just want to love them. I want to understand them. I've always been fascinated by these little creatures walking among us. I feel as if they are in a way connected to us, but we aren't able to surpass this line that separates us. I want to know their language. For instance, like how we have made great breakthroughs which communicating with monkeys, I want to know why our pets do the things they do and make the noises that we don't understand. It would be so amazing to look into a lion's eyes and know it's truths. To be able to be one with the animals.

Sources
( https://study.com/articles/Careers_in_Animal_Psychology_Job_Options_and_Requirements.html)

Comments

  1. Your passion and personality is reflected in your blog post Ben. Making that one's profession and career path is great fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just Because Birds Have Wings Doesn't Make Them Good Flyers.

You Probably Won't Remember This Blog

Dear Diary