You Probably Won't Remember This Blog

 
Image result for memory
    
     Memory is something every person has, some better than others, but we all need it as a basic way of survival. One of the topics over memory that stood out to me was Sensory. This idea fascinating idea that we can see a picture or hear couple words in just a second, and our brain is able to capture that second and give us the ability to retain it. I also thought it was really interesting how when we don't need certain memories anymore, our brain just throws them away, reasoning why we can't remember our first birthday or what we even wore two days ago. The Image result for short term memoryonly memory that is kept
is what we hold most valuable or we
continuously practice.
     Although our brain has the ability to preserve memories, sometimes our brain doesn't work the way it's supposed to, as overtime and sometimes earlier than usual, our brain can lose it's grip and start to malfunction, causing permanent damage. Two common examples of this would be short term and long term memory loss. Usually found in older patients, short term memory restricts your brain's ability to remember things in from days to hours to even minutes ago in time. Your brain is unable to keep new memories, deleting almost as quick as they come. Long term memory loss is the complete opposite, as the brain is unable to remember things from a decade ago, but can remember everything that happened in the past couple days or week, maybe even months or years.
Image result for practiceSome strategies or tests you can do to help you improve your memory would be to group things rather than focus on them individually, an example of the power of organization. A main way we remember things is repetition or rehearsal, where you consistently study or do the same tasks/ information until it becomes a common day routine. Your brain's ability to remember language and who certain people are, like your parents and friends, is because you consistently use and see those words/ people everyday. You can also remember more by associating certain objects or people with specific emotions or other things. **Did You Know??? Phone numbers are made with specifically nine numbers because it is believed that people can usually remember grouping of numbers two above or below seven.


     What I learned in this study is the powerful meaning of memory and how to hone and improve it. We need memory just as much as we need to live, and with memory, we can tell our story and live in the stories of others.
Image result for brain cartoons

Sources:
All info came from the PowerPoint and PowerPoint videos.

Comments

  1. Hey Ben! I really liked your blog and I thought it was really informative. Also, I really liked your pictures that you put on this blog, they really caught my interest and drew me in. I enjoyed reading your blog and I can not wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ben! This is a great post. I really like the title btw, it was very clever. I think I'm going to need you to show me how you actually get pictures and stuff on your post because I can't figure out how to do it. Other than that, I really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you said at the end of your post, about how memory is important when it comes to telling our stories, hit me. I like to journal, and as of right now, I am VERY behind on the things that have happened in my life that I want to write about. It is hard for me to remember some things while it is easier for me to remember others. It is very fascinating how some things can be remembered easily while others are completely forgotten.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just Because Birds Have Wings Doesn't Make Them Good Flyers.

Blogs End, But Never Will We Forget The Things We've Learned